Welcome to the Personal Blog of Jesse Hansen.

People have always asked how come I didn't have a place of my own on the web separate from the Cadre Corner Studios. Well, with persistence and certain circumstances, I've deemed it worthy to give a shot to.

Hope ya like what ya see and feel free to comment, post your own thoughts as well as check back periodically.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Collectors Comics Convention October 13, 2007 Write up.

Just got back from the Collectors Comics Convention in Port St. Lucie!


Let me tell ya first of all... I didn't even know I was slotted to be at this show... I knew that Keith Mallow (the show host) tried to reach me, however I got that message quite late and figured that since I hadn't gotten back to him, that I would probably have been cut from the attending roster anyway... then my bud and fellow Cadre Corner Studios founder, Chris "cannonball" Lesley calls me from the Orlando Con asking me why I didn't tell him about the show I was to attend in October. Surprisingly enough, I responded with... "I'm not doing anymore shows this year as my schedule shows... haven't signed up for any thus far." He told me, "Well, I'm looking at this flyer that has your name right on top above legendary artist Herb Trimpe and right next to John's (John Beatty: inker extraordinaire)." I said, "WHAT?" Well, to my surprise, Keith had made these cool flyers (see below) and sure enough, there my name was. How could I NOT attend now I ask you? lol.

I then asked Chris if he was willing to go with me as I hate long drives as they tend to make me tired... long story... lol. Luckily, he said sure and we were on our way. The show was held the same place it was the first time I went which was a nice place and such... unlike the second show where Keith was mislead to believe things that weren't true. Shame on them. That second show was a wash as a result... felt bad for Keith on that one. He's a great guy from my experiences with him and deserves a show to represent his kindness and showmanship.

Well, we arrived at the Community Center that the show was held at and was greeted by a nice sign made by Vital Signs outside being hung up. I was like... coolness man... doing it right!

Walked in, greeted Keith who was surprised I showed due to my slackness of getting back to him... needless to say, I received much deserved grief over that. What can ya do?... lol. Found out where we were to sit and started bringing stuff in. Unlike the first show, Keith was able to arrange a room that had a large stage area (wow right?) and all of us "artists" were situated up on stage like a main attraction... too cool. Perhaps it was more like a freakshow... oh well, I'll take whatever I can get... lol. So, anyway, Chris and I got set up, with SIGN and all! Also in attendance was the greats Herb Trimpe, Alex Saviuk, John Beatty, Big City Comics, as well as others...

We got to meet some young talent while there... seeing portfolios which is always cool and a highlight for me at shows. I love seeing what people are producing and to lend a hand if/when I can from my limited knowledge and experiences. A major plus to say the least. Never know, perhaps some of them will become "family" members here in the Corner... that is always nice as well. Never have too much family I say. :D

Well the photos below were taken after the show at a Golden Corral where Keith hosted a little get together as GC was one of the co-sponsors of the show... can't go wrong with all you can eat buffets'... lol.

From back left to front right: Herb Trimpe, Keith Mallow, John Beatty, Chris "cannonball" Lesley, front: (sitting) Steve from Vital Signs and lastly me, Jesse "Cadre" Hansen. Glad my visage didn't break the camera... lol.

Oh, one more thing real quick before I forget... I'm NOT THAT SHORT! I always tend to get in the front and as I don't want to block anyone out, I always squat or something to allow plenty of face room for others... just in case anyone wondered... lol.


















No comments: